Muffle-Up will be at the One of a Kind Spring Show Toronto!
The countdown is on! March 26-31st 2014, Muffle-Up will be at the One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale in Toronto, Ontario at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place. We’ve hit the big time, people! Come on down! We couldn’t be more excited!
OOAK Spring Show will feature a plethora of amazing artists and artisans from Canada and the US. It’s going to be muffle-slipper-tastic…well, at least my booth will be!
Check out my OOAK profile: Muffle-Up! at OOAK Toronto
Here’s everything you need to know about the show if you’re not in the know:
“Similar to most brilliant ideas, the One of a Kind Show was born out of a simple desire for something more. Premiering at Toronto’s Queen Elizabeth Building in December 1975, the “craft show” was the brainchild of Steven Levy, Martin Rumack and June Bibby. June (herself an artisan) couldn’t find a place to sell her work before Christmas, so the three friends decided to create their own holiday shopping venue. After a great deal of leg work and countless all-nighters, the trio launched the first One of a Kind Show, which encompassed 25 000 square feet and 80 participants.
The One of a Kind concept expanded in 1979 to include the One of a Kind Spring Show. Attracting over 200,000 visitors annually, our two Toronto shows have become a Canadian shopping tradition for those in search of the unique, handcrafted and the fantastic.
- The Christmas Show has been in progress since 1975, while the Spring Show has been in progress since 1979
- It is the largest consumer craft show in North America
- Over 5 million people have shopped at the show since its inception
- Everything sold at the show is made by hand in North America by Canadian and/or American artisans
- The Christmas Show features handmade designs by over 800 artists, makers, designers and craftspeople, while the Spring event showcases over 450 artisans working in various mediums like glass, ceramics, textile, and wood” – Informa Canada